This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading Fire & Security Protection Companies.
This is a Permanent position, Monday to Friday 39 hours per week. We will provide you with a company vehicle company mobile phone, company pension and a bonus scheme alongside a competitive salary, there are also further opportunities for overtime available through call-outs and work outside our normal working hours.
You will be responsible for:
• Service, repairs and fault resolution of fire alarm systems and other fire protection equipment
• Reporting of any changes or deficiencies with newly installed or existing fire alarm systems
• Accurate and legible completion of work reports
• Service, maintenance and some installation of equipment
• Effective planning and management of work
• Customer communications onsite and via telephone
• Supervision and personal development of trainees
• Adhering to Health & Safety requirements
• Excellent personal presentation and represents the company in a polite and professional manner at all times
• Participation in the 24 hour on call rota diary.
• Promoting the full range of fire protection services that we can offer our customers
To be considered for this role you must:
• Possess a full UK driving licence
• Have experience of maintaining alarm systems and or other safety equipment such as fire extinguishers or emergency lights
• Possess adequate electrical knowledge
• Pass a DBS check
• Able to carry equipment up and down ladders and steps, i.e. detectors, cable and power tools
• Have the ability to use hand tool and power tools to repair and dismantle equipment
• A qualification within a technical area would be highly desirable
The ideal candidate must possess high personal standards of workmanship, ambition and take pride in the work they carry out. The candidate should be happy to work autonomously and be committed to working safely to meet all health and safety and statutory requirements.
Location: Gloucestershire. Working three hour radius in all directions of Cheltenham via the M5 and M4 routes. Applicants must be flexible as you may on occasions be required to work away from home. Salary – £22,000-£30,000 depending upon experience, bonus scheme, overtime and call outs available.
Please apply to Security Fire Recruitment UK