To provide the customer base with on site engineering in the form of installations, testing, maintenance and fault finding tasks.
Core activities of this role
• Undertaking fire alarm and emergency lighting installations, and maintenance to defined schedules as prescribed by relevant British Standards. • Installation of fire extinguishers and escape signage, servicing by others.
• Occasional Installation of related security and access control products
• Call Out for engineering works during system break down or faults; on call rota with others.
• Undertaking PAT testing as part of client’s contracts.
• Investigation of faults and providing engineered solutions to ensure systems are operational to the client’s satisfaction.
• Undertaking refurbishment surveys and providing data for office to produce quotations Knowledge and Experiences
The candidate will be able to demonstrate his/her understanding of the requirements for Fire Alarm, & Emergency Lighting Systems and possess the engineering skills and knowledge to undertake installations and provide maintenance of those systems. A background in system installation would be advantageous.
They will attain or possess the following qualifications ideally
• A formal electrical qualification or electrical apprenticeship
• Knowledge of current IEE regulations for electrical installations • Knowledge of BS5839 Part 1 & BS5266, however full training is given.
• Full driving licence
• No CCJs and No Criminal Convictions Personal Skills
• Ability to work alone and plan one’s own works load and installations.
• Ability to work from home, as many of our roles are remote from our offices
• Be computer literate and able to understand serial data and the use of computer ports
• Possess good communication skills written and verbal
• Be presentable as the engineering face of the business to the client.
There is no age limit. The candidate must be physically fit and be prepared at times to work away from home. The business is a national operation, so some travelling will be needed early morning and later in the evenings. The candidate must be comfortable work at height. The individual will gain a detailed understanding of the product range and the products we have to support.
We offer full internal training. They will be self-confident and able to work alone using their own initiative. They will be able to demonstrate accuracy in their work and reports and have the ability to multi task. Private BUPA health care, pension, sick pay, 21 days holiday rising to 25 every year employed plus 8 bank holidays, £1200 standby allowance, door to door on call, overtime available, £28,000 - £31,200 basic.
Please apply now!!